Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin... need I say more?

Matt told me that I was banned from saying the word pumpkin because every other recipe or treat that I wanted involved pumpkin...pumpkin latte, pumpkin bread, pumpkin kisses, pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin...

Funny how he didn't mind though when I whipped up some good ol' pumpkin bread:)

I decided to make only one loaf of bread and then used the other batter to make some pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bundts.






Here is the recipe...

Pumpkin Bread

3 c. sugar

1 3/4 c. canned pumpkin (or cooked)

1 c. vegetable oil (I didn't, but you can substitute apple sauce, my mom used to do this a lot)

4 eggs

2/3 c. cold water

3 1/2 c. flour

2 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon**

1 tsp. ground nutmeg**

**I substituted pumpkin pie spice for these.

Beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until well mixed. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. (or as I said works well as muffins, etc) Bake at 325 for 75-80 minutes. (less for muffins) Cool in pans before removing.

2 comments:

Alicia Chambers said...

So do you use 2 and a half tsp of pumpkin spice instead of the other? Or do you use a lesser amount? Maybe that's a dumb question but I'm new to baking. It looks really good! Wish my family loved pumkin as much as I do.

Jessica said...

I used 2 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spices since I opted to not use either of the other spices... not a dumb question at all!