Sunday, November 16, 2008

A little bit of Fall around the house...

I love to decorate. I love warming up the house with different accent pieces, candles, flowers and other various decor. The only problem is, I don't have a very big budget to decorate my house. Or is that a problem?...

Okay, I'm not saying that my house looks like Martha Stewart or anything.. but I am able to do a little bit. I love to incorporate the seasons. Here are a few things that I did around my house to welcome in fall.

I bought this clear tube at Crate and Barrel for $11.00 a couple years ago... and I love it!! I use it year round.. I just switch out the decor or candles depending on the season or my mood. For the fall I took some old fall potpourri that didn't smell anymore and filled the hallowed part of the tube. I then just put cream tea lights in the candle holder. You can pick these up really cheap at Michael's.



On this table I didn't do much, but I wanted to keep the fall theme going. My mom had bought me this clear vase awhile back. I once again use this all the time just switching out what I put inside. I filled the vase this time with little pumpkins and gourds and some of those flat beads... you can pick all of this stuff up at Michael's as well. Not expensive...



On my dining room table I have a wreath that my grandma had at her house but didn't want anymore. I decided to put some candles in the middle as well as a couple on either side. Now, yes I was fortunate to get this great fall wreath from my grandma.. BUT my point is that you should make a habit of just looking around your house and seeing what you have already, reusing things to fit what you need.


Do you enjoy decorating? Do you have any other tips or suggestions regarding decorating?

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I love decorating especially for the fall there's something about warming up a home that makes it special. I use a lot of wheat stalk in my fall decorating it's also super cheap at Michaels