Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve Party




Matt and I had 3 other couples over to our house new years eve to welcome in 2009. Here are some pics and recipes from the evening!
Our menu for the night included...

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

Barbecued Little Smokies

Cheese Ball w/ crackers (brought by a friend)

Veggie Tray

Caramel Apple Trifle

No Bake Cookies (Brought by a friend)

Fudge (brought by a friend)

Water,Pop and Sparkling Juice for Midnight:)


I thought it would be fun to make some drink tags. These are obviously very simple but I thought they really added something to our plain glasses. Next time I'd like to try and be a little more creative! (Candice, we even used the insurance glasses we got at the white elephant party last year! haha, thanks!)

I had heard about buffalo chicken dip quite a bit but had never made it. Then a coworker brought it to a party and it was delicious! So I decided that it would be a fun addition for the evening. (I know the picture doesn't really do a whole lot for it, but you just have to trust me.. it's REALLY GOOD!)


Buffalo Chicken Dip


Ingredients:

2 boiled chicken breasts, shredded
8 ounces of Franks Red Hot Sauce
8 ounces of Ranch dressing
16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
16 ounces cream cheese


Directions:


Mix all ingredients and then back at 325 for 40 minutes. I served mine w/ tortilla chips and celery but it is good w/ crackers, Frito's also.


My mom had gotten me a trifle dish for Christmas and so I decided to make use of it. I love how when making desserts in these dishes you get a 2 for one deal- great dessert and great centerpiece!

Here is the recipe that I used...


Luscious Apple Trifle

-Taste of Home

Ingredients:

2 cups cold milk
1 package 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 loaf (10 1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 jar (12 1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping (recipe called for butterscotch)
3 medium red apples, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in pudding. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, 1/3 cup butterscotch topping, a third of the apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.

I hope your new year is off to a good start! Here's Matt and I's first pic of 2009...man we look tired!

No comments: