Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chicken Spaghetti


If you haven't been over to the Pioneer Woman Cook's .. you must. Her website is great and the recipes are very easy to follow. One of the recipes that I have made over and over again is her Chicken Spaghetti...It's good ol' comfort food. Another bonus is this recipe is supposed to freeze really nice. I have never frozen it before but would like to try it out next time I make it.
(Oh and sorry my picture isn't great.. it really is good!)

Chicken Spaghetti
by the Pioneer Woman Cooks
(my own adjustments are added in parentheses)


Ingredients:

2 cups cooked chicken
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken works also)2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
1/2 cup finely diced onion

1- 4oz jar diced pimentos, drained
3 cups dry spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 additional cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:

Cook 1 cut up fryer and pick out the meat to make two cups. (I just use boneless chicken breasts, works just fine). Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook. When spaghetti is cooked, combine w/ remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. ( I usually just use 2 cups total cheese and just make do)

Place mixture in casserole pan and top w/ remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover w/ foil. ( I have never cooked it the entire 45 minutes.. I usually just watch it)

I usually serve this w/ just a nice salad. YUM!!

No comments: