Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12 hours until a new year...


Well 2008 is almost over. It's been a good year, maybe even a great year...

I started out the year 2008 in Idaho. We had gone to visit Matt's family and sister and spent the New Years Eve/Day in a small town enjoying the hot springs! It was such a fun time. I had never been in one before. There was a foot or more of snow covering the ground and yet we got in our swimsuits and went and tried out the different pools. The mountains were all around us..it was dark outside... Pretty amazing.

Tonight we aren't doing anything quite that "magical" but I'm still looking forward to the good company of friends as we ring in the new year together at our house.

As far as what my resolutions are for this year, I am just hoping to improve in areas that Matt and I have already been working on...

quiet time- continue to start my morning with the Lord.. I have gotten a little off track with being out of town but I plan on getting back into my routine now

Budget- keep sticking to it and continuing to put more money in savings

being Matt's wife- giving him my best, praying for him, continuing to find new ways to demonstrate my love for him

being a pastor's wife- not letting the "daily tasks" get in the way of what the Lord has called us to

being a daughter/sister- loving my parents and sister, spending quality time with them when I can, PRAYING for them

friends- invite more people into our home, practice hospitality more often

Health- continue to work out several times a week, but also watch more what I am putting into my body.. continuing to try and plan some more healthy dinners

I could go on and on.. but I'll stop there. The only thing that I'll add is that I plan on trying to just enjoy life, enjoy those around me. I have learned that you really never know what a day might bring... There are always new challenges, new opportunities..

I can't wait to see whats in store for 2009...

No comments: