Friday, December 12, 2008

Dinners throughout the Week

I've had another sad cooking week. We have just had so much going on that cooking has gotten put on the back burner.

We did have crock pot salsa chicken burritos. And if you haven't tried this before you must! Here's a link to a post I did about them before.
We also had an unexpected evening at home due to snow. I had planned on running by the store to pick up either some peppers or chicken for one of my menu items, but decided against it w/ the condition of the roads. We were too hungry to wait for pizza dough to be ready (yeast) and so we went back to a meal we used to have fairly often... Biscuit pizzas! And I'm not gonna lie, I love them:)

Flatten biscuits...

bake for half of the baking time or even a little longer

add on fave toppings ( We did marinara, Italian sausage, onion and cheese)

cook the last couple minutes and that's it!

a little sauteed broccoli on the side, cup of coffee for dessert.. YUM!

Then, last night we had a coupon for a FREE pizza at Spin! For you Kansas City folks.. if you haven't been there, you must. And if you need someone to go w/ you, I could probably arrange that:)

It's one of my favorite places to eat in Olathe. The pizzas are Neapolitan style and they come w/ all sorts of yummy toppings. They even have a potato pizza which is one of my favorites. Another time I got an Italian sausage, goat cheese and apple pizza w/ a white sauce. Delicious! Their salads are equally as amazing.

The best part of that place is their lunch special. I believe it's $8 and you get your own personal pizza (and not just a single topping, any of their speciality pizzas) w/ your choice of one of their amazing salads. There are three locations in Kansas City.

So, what's your favorite type of pizza?

No comments: