Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My thoughts for the week...


Last night I went shopping. I love to go shopping as I sure many of you do. It is always fun to get new things. I had to exchange a pair of jeans at JC Penny's and so while I was doing that I saw on a rack a sign advertising shirts for $2.97. $2.97!?!!? Are you kidding me!?! Well, of course I had to go look.. then all of a sudden I was in the dressing room trying on probably half a dozen different tops. I settled on only two, knowing that I really didn't need to be spending money.. even if it was such a good deal. The rest of the evening though I felt very dissatisfied.. I still wanted more. (might I add I had just been shopping w/ my mom and bought a pair of jeans and 2 shirts that weekend)

I look around at work and see people in all of their cute "work" outfits.. I want more work outfits.

I go to other peoples houses and see all of their nice furniture/ cute decorations... I want new furniture and decorations.

I see on all the food blogs that I read all of these fancy kitchen gadgets and platters... I want new things for my kitchen.

I want.. I want... I want...

After my shopping trip I spent some time in Borders reading my Bible. I came across these verses...

Luke 12:15

"Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one's life is not in the abundance of his possessions."

12:20-21

"But God said to him, You fool! This very night your life is demanded of you and the things you have prepared- whose will they be? That's how it is with the one who stores up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God"

No comments: