Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Friday!!

Well first I just have to brag a little bit! My husband and I just received 104 movie passes good through September 2010! We are so pumped!

A local movie theater was doing an awesome promotion today! The first 100 people dressed up as movie characters received 52 free passes (1 a week for a year basically)! Of course Matt and I did get up at 4 am this morning and did wait in line for several hours but hey.. I think it was totally worth it!


Another good deal going on today is Chipoltle gives out free burritos on Halloween. The only catch... dress up like a boo-ri-to:) Last year I just wrapped a little foil around my wrist and that passed, so no need to go ALL out or anything! Just double check w/ your restaurant before going.. I called and the free food isn't starting until 6 pm tonight.

OK.. now on w/ my traditional Friday post, a recipe!

This week I didn't really cook hardly at all. (That is all changing this next week, I have a great menu planned and a grocery list all written out. I will be at the store tomorrow!) I did however make a pretty yummy chicken tortilla soup. It is SO simple, a lot of stuff right out of a can but still tastes really good!

1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 cans rotel
1 can corn (drained) or mexi-corn
1 can black beans (drained)
1 package rice (cooked)- I usually go for a southwestern mix
chicken broth- I have a box of chicken broth so I just kind of eye ball the amount to see how much I need for the right consistency.. if you were using cans I'm not sure.. 1-2 depending how thick you like your soup

Mix all together until hot. I like to top mine w/ chips or toasted tortilla shells cut into strips, sour cream and shredded cheese.

I also cooked my chicken breast just like I did the crock pot chicken (posted below) and then just added in the rest after the chicken cooked. But its whatever you like!

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments: