Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A few thoughts on prayer...

Matt and I have been talking a lot about prayer lately. I think I tend to take prayer for granted and I don't always take everything to God like I should. The past few days.. going on weeks I guess I have been feeling very overwhelmed. Gracie has been sick and my days were hard w/ a sick little one and then another 3 month old that I am caring for. This morning I was feeling once again stressed. Gracie is better but the little boy I watch now is sick and Gracie was throwing a fit.. So I prayed.. I prayed for God to give me strength.. to calm the babies.. to give me just a few minutes to get myself together. And you know what? Gracie fell asleep and Issac stopped crying. I even had time to make me some lunch. The thing is at first I didn't even think to thank and praise God for answering my prayer. At first I just felt relief and "oh it's about time.." But then it hit me.. God heard my prayer and he answered it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pretty awesome how He works, isn't it??