Thursday, March 4, 2010

Baby Shower!

This past Saturday I threw a babyshower for a girl at our church (w/ some help of a couple others as well!)...nothing over the top but I thought it turned out nice and was a lot of fun:)

Our menu consisted of chicken salad on croissants (recipe link here). Then one friend brought a great pasta salad and the other brought fruit and dip. For dessert we had apple pie cupcakes. Kate, the mom-to-be, loves apple desserts so I decided to give them a try and they were WONDERFUL! I also made some sugar cookies w/ blue icing to send home as party favors.

Also, rather than playing games we decorated onesies w/ fabric paint, stencils and even some iron on applique. I had seen the idea to decorate baby onesies online and thought it looked like lots of fun and so my friend helped out and brought all the paint and fabric. The shirts turned out super cute! Once we were done w/ them we hung them on our "clothes line" to dry. :)

Here are some pics from the day!





No comments: