Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Monday!

This past week is kind of a blur. Matt and I flew out of Kansas City last Friday to attend a conference in Atlanta. The conference was actually Monday and Tuesday but we went up early and spent time w/ our friends who live in the area. We got home Wednesday evening about 10 pm. So needless to say, Thursday and Friday at work were a little rough for me:)

We attended a church planting conference. We had gone last year and really enjoyed it. This year was just as good. We came back once again invigorated, encouraged and ready to once again focus on the church. This past Sunday Matt talked about a new "challenge" for us to set aside 30 minutes on Wednesday evening to pray w/ your family for our church. (P.U.S.H.- Pray until something happens) We are then going to gather together the Wednesday before Easter and pray all together. We are hoping to do this prayer meeting together at least once a quarter. We will see where this takes us. We are really excited about what the Lord is doing and will continue to do in our church. I'll try and post more often on what is happening in the life of our church.

Also, this past week we got the keys to our new house early so that we could go over and clean! My mom was a lifesaver this weekend as she drove up to help us out. She is even coming back next weekend to help us move and to help me get things set up. I love my mom:) So now this weekend will just be finishing up packing and getting our rental house in order to turn in the keys. I am sooo looking forward to NEXT Monday when we should be somewhat settled into our new house! I'll post pictures soon!

And finally.. not much to report on the pregnancy end.. other than another couple weeks have past. I'm 14 weeks along and I have my next doctors appointment next week. I really cant' wait for my April appointment.. we will find out if its a boy or a girl! I'm feeling so much better lately. My stomach is still a little upset when I first wake up in the morning but I am thinking that might just be from my vitamins. I have so much more energy than I did even just a few weeks ago. All my clothes still fit fine.. although I do have a little more curvature along my stomach:) Maybe in a few weeks I'll actually have something worth posting a picture of!

So.. after all of that catch up.. here's our plan for the week!

Menu:

Monday- Pulled pork sandwiches, mac and cheese and probably a veggie.

Tuesday- probably leftovers

Wednesday- chicken tacos w/ rice

Thursday- I honestly don't know. I didn't really buy much this week as far as groceries go. I just wanted to focus on eating what we already had in the fridge so we had less to move. One of these evenings we will be closing on our house. Whichever night that is we will probably grab something out.

Friday- night before we move- I doubt I'll be cooking:)


Goals:

finish packing!

clean rental!

get everything switched over to new house!

No comments: