Thursday, July 3, 2008

Yea.. Today's Friday! (Sort of..)

Happy (early) Fourth of July! I'm soo glad that today is the end of the week. There is nothing like a long weekend. We are headed to Wichita to spend time w/ family and friends as soon as I get off work at noon!

Last night Matt and I were at Starbucks doing our Bible Study together. We have set aside Wednesday evenings to study and discuss God's word together. We usually begin w/ thoughts and questions that have come up during our own personal devotional time w/ God. One thing that stuck out to me this past week was found in James 5:17-18.

"Elijah was a man with a nature like ours; yet he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the land. 18 Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land produced its fruit."
(referring to 1 King 17)

I was so convicted by the words "he prayed earnestly" and that he was prayed with full conviction. In 1 King 17 it says...

"Now Elijah the Tishbite, from the Gilead settlers, said to Ahab, "As the LORD God of Israel lives, I stand before Him, and there will be no dew or rain during these years except by my command!"

Elijah fully trusted and believed that God would not send rain. When I pray do I fully trust and believe that God will answer my prayers? I dont know that I always do. Prayer is so easy to just become somewhat monotonous.. I pray for my family, I pray for my sick friend..

I need to pray as Elijah did..

No comments: