Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Week/ Catch Up

I've been gone a little while.. sorry for that! I'm going to try and get back on track this week.

Oh and just a little update.. we are scheduled to close on our house February 26th. Matt and I started packing this past weekend. One positive thing about this being our 4th move in 4 years is that we are able to declutter! We have been going through our drawers, closets, desks.. you name it and getting rid of stuff! It really is a nice feeling:)

We also had the most incredible thing happen to us this past week.. I have posted this before but we had our dryer go completely out on us. We had been trying to figure out what to do but were just putting it off b/c we really didn't have the funds to go out and buy anything quite yet. We had started looking for another used dryer. Then, out of the blue, a couple from the town we live offered to buy us a brand new washer and dryer. I truly couldn't believe it and still can't. We told them that it wasn't necessary but they insisted. God has truly blessed us.

Another blessing as of late has been that Matt got an opportunity to start a part time job (2 days a week) working for someone we know that owns a glass business. They are busy right now and we're needing some extra hands. We are hoping to bulk up our savings a little bit with this extra opportunity.

We also started Community Groups with our church this past week. Matt and I hosted the first one at our house. We are really excited about this next venture and can't wait to see where it leads. We only have one group meeting right now but are really praying that within the next few months we will see growth and will start to multiply.

Matt and I are also attending a church planting conference in Atlanta coming up in a couple weeks. (I know.. we really couldn't pack enough into one month!) We attended last year and had a great time and learned so much. It was really neat to be able to meet and talk with others who are in same stage of planting a church as we are. We can't wait to go back!

As far as meals go this week I am going to try and be creative and use up what we have in our cabinets. We spent our grocery money on groceries.. but not really "meal" groceries.. More for various company that we have had over and different gatherings... So rather than go over our limit I'm searching the freezer. Here is what I'm thinking...

Menu:

Sunday night- we had breakfast for dinner. Matt made me an omelet... YUM!!

Monday
- Well tonight we are probably cheating.. a local restaurant has $1 mini burgers on Monday nights which we love.. and seriously, you can't beat that!

Tuesday- Sweet and Sour Chicken ( I never have made this yet!) w/ brown rice and a veggie.. whatever we have in the freezer!

Wednesday- We have hamburgers and steaks in the freezer... so one of those. I would love to grill but its supposed to be a little chilly.. Our side dishes will probably be veggies from the freezer and whatever else I can come up w/.

Thursday- If we have enough tortillas I was thinking Chicken fajitas or chicken tacos.. we have red peppers, tomatoes, onion, cheese, salsa.. If not we might just eat the chicken over rice. We'll see:)

Friday- Hopefully by this point we will have hit up the store! I'm not sure what we will have.

Saturday- Valentine's Day! I'm still debating. I'm thinking that we will probably go out during the day and then be home in the evening. We'll either get something to go.. or I'll cook. I'll let Matt decide:)


Weekly Goals:

-daily quiet time

-Pack!

-keep up with house work

-plan menu for next two weeks/ cut and organize coupons

-work out 3-4 times this week

No comments: